Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Care and Feeding of My Family

I have let my body go, gaining 60+ pounds over the past five years, and I ask myself, since my family will eat anything I put in front of them, why do I continue to feed them fried foods, fatty desserts, carbs, etc., unhealthful foods? Am I taking them down with my own sinking ship?

My dog has back problems; my cat has diabetes. The vet recommends special foods to keep them healthy and to limit treats so I follow her advice. I probably wouldn't get any exercise if the dog didn't need a walk! The family doctor -- doctors for years -- have recommend healthful diets for humans, especially humans with health problems such as diabetes and heart disease as we've experienced in our household.  Our doctor has advised diet and exercise changes, and we've not really been following as closely as we should if at all.

So I ask you, why do we take better care of our pets than ourselves? And since I'm responsible for the shopping, planning, and preparation of my family's meals, it's time I make some changes and take better care of the humans in our house.

There are so many resources out there; recipe sites, social sites (I belong to SparkPeople, it's free), health sites, etc., that there's really no excuse for procrastination. This week I posted a 4.4 lb weight loss - yahoo!http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=4701122

No comments:

Post a Comment